Sunday, January 5, 2014

Sunday Synopsis: 2014 January 5th

It has been awhile since my last Sunday Synopsis -- nearly six months, and then I hadn't been very consistent for the previous six to eight months.  However, 2014 has arrived and the pain, frustration, and chaos that began  and followed 2013 right up to the end seems to have past.  Even amongst the chaos that happened, great gifts of love were also on the venue.  Our great children, and my sister,  stepped in and up  -- taking care of their dad and me when we needed them.  And their gifts of love kept coming throughout the year, phone calls, letters, and thoughtful gifts, joining me on a trip that I had always wanted to take, giving up weekends and holidays to work around our place, put new wood flooring in, painting, and just being a great family.  Not a gift to small or to large was out of their scope and I am the benefactor of such love.

News for 2014!  The book of letters that I had begun to believe was just a myth or a dream looks to be a reality.  The last of my edits has left my desk and awaits the fine tuning of my great friend and editor -- with the assistance of my sister.  I am thinking a reasonable date to send to the printer is sometime in February.

Back at my writing post in the early mornings -- if two days, can be counted as being "back."  A Spepia Saturday, Sunday Synopsis, and research for the last of the Jabezes pieces.  A good start for 2014.

I am also excited and pleased to be presenting a workshop on memoir and family history writing, which is coming up in March.  Looking forward to writing a January 12th Sunday Synopsis.

 ~ ~ 

 © Joan G. Hill, Roots'n'Leaves Publications

1 comment:

  1. Family is everything we have, but good friends are a blessing as well.

    ReplyDelete