Sunday, January 15, 2012

Sunday Synopsis: 2012 January 15th: After A Two-Month "Holiday"

The first Sunday Synopsis for 2012 -- a couple of weeks late.  Writing and blogging took a back seat to the holiday prep, parties, company, and a wonderful post Christmas week at Sun River.  My sis, Doc and I met our son and his family at a beautiful house in Sun River. Although there was no snow, our family had a great time;  Doc's brotherited us at the vacation house.  Also Doc's long-time hunting buddy and his wife joined us for dinner and an evening of telling tall tales.  Granddaughter and her BF went on a dog-sled ride.  To top off the week, we had gorgeous snow the last day.

Since returning home, I have been "digging out" and now only my chaotic desk is left as a "no-man's land."  I do have an empty waste paper container, actually two, ready for excavation, but I got side-tracked with this Sunday Synopsis  --- Tis the way of my life, sidetracked.

Goals for this week, in addition to desk excavation, include:
   *  Write a story for the  Ranch Years to read at my Tuesday Critique group;
   *  Organize my Uncle Ralph's Letters project for the final push for a final draft;
   *  Transcribe, make notations, and submit an Amanuensis Monday blog post.

I started to make a longer list of weekly goals, but this is enough --- if more writing and blog post flow -- so be it.

~ ~ ~

© Joan Hill, Roots'n'Leaves Publications

 

5 comments:

  1. Glad you're back after having so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Nice to be welcomed back --- and hopefully missed.

      Delete
  2. Glad to see you back. Looking forward to more posts and updates. Isn't it nice to take those holiday breaks?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, very glad to have you back, and yes, my dear, you were missed!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll bet you're feeling refreshed and rejuvenated from all that fun! I think you've sone well if it's only your desk that's a no-man's land. Your list sounds like quite enough to aim for...as you say anything else will be a bonus.

    ReplyDelete