Sunday, October 30, 2011

Sunday Synopsis: 2011 October 30th:

A quickie synopsis today --- to keep faith with this weekly thingy. First of all, the bad news; the Uncle Ralph Letters project is still in the lurch.  However, I expect to resume work on that project early Monday morning.  I almost said bright and early, but early nowadays for me is about 5 am and it  is definitely not bright at that time of morning.  The plan is to work 2 to 3 hours each day before I head to the Y.  Even if I only get 1 hour in that is more than I have done the past month.  Yikes.

Had a great workshop last Tuesday nite.  I was jazzed about the Ranch years project. Today and tomorrow I am reworking the first piece.  It was an ok first draft, but not enough backstory, dialogue needs more set up around it, and general rewrite -- ughh, I would say I hate rewrites (which I do) but I would rather get this story right than be a whiner and a sniveler.

I am plugging along with reading and researching information about the Chartist, and also the Temperance movement.  As a major flax production area, Dundee's flax workers were very active in the Chartist and social movements of that era.  And for tomorrow's Amanuensis Monday I will be transcribing a letter written to J.P. McPherson, which shows his involvement in  political activities in the Dundee area. 

Regarding my Roots'n'Leaves blog, I managed to enter four posts for the week, including last week's Sunday Synopsis. For the time being,  I am trying to enter a transcription of some sort every Monday, a more thought provoking post for Thursday Thoughts, a  Surname Saturday piece that highlights a family name of  some importance in the Springdale, Wisconsin, of J.P. McPherson's time, and then, of course, my Sunday Synopsis.

That's the way she rolls.

3 comments:

  1. She rolls JUST fine! Clap Clap Clap!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Carol, me thinks we share a similar bent -- humorwise, and otherwise.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I need to take a leaf from your methodical book. You're going great guns.

    ReplyDelete